Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Bullet Traveling Silently Through The Air

The next assignment I was given was a very easy mission.
My first mission proved that I was good at killing the enemy.
I did what I was told and my job was very expertly done.
The Sergeant Major appreciated my natural killing ability.

From the captain, I received a top-secret mission folder.
He instructs me not read it until I boarded the gray plane.
Later that day, I picked up my rifle and placed my gear over my shoulder.
Again, I am off to kill the enemy by putting a bullet in his brain.

Skillfully, my camouflaged body jumped out the giant metal gray plane.
Quickly, my silhouette floated out in the dark night sky.
I glide silently in the air and safely land on the jungle floor.
In spite of the danger, the U. S. Army Ranger always will survive.

I took my time making sure to camouflage myself from head to toe.
Carefully, I recheck the picture of the marked enemy inside the folder.
Deep into the dangerous unknown jungle, I voluntarily go.
I travel alone with a 30-06 sniper rifle slung over my shoulder.

The enemy camp was only a short five-click hike away.
The large house stood out in the middle of the wheat field.
The night sky had just started brighten into the beginning of day.
I must retreat and wait until the returning nightfall to make my kill.

Later after the night returned, I climbed high up in a magnolia tree.
Patiently less than a mile away, I waited as the moonlight started shine.
Through the night scope, inside the whole house I could completely see.
From my perch in the tree, my target was not very hard to find.

Carefully, I scoped in on the marked enemy sitting in a chair in the hall.
A very pretty woman was gently brushing the wavy brown locks of his hair.
She bends to get another comb; suddenly, his brain splattered against the wall.
Another enemy killed by a bullet traveling silently through the air.

At last, another mission ends and has successfully been done.
The dead marked enemy now slumped slowly in his chair.
Again, I am a man that must quickly but quietly run.
The U. S. Army Ranger must run like hell away from there.

(Copyright 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment